A good thing to know about one's self is one's identity, especially when said identity will be challenged by the world when one moves to college.
So here's mine:
Above all, I identify myself with Christ. Since he saved me from sin and God's unbearable wrath, I am pleased to live my life following him.
Everything beyond that is just detail:
- I am exceedingly fascinated by all things that fly, and the giant expanse of the sky calls to me.
- So I study rocket science.
- I was born into a wonderful, Christian, home-schooling family.
- I have been lucky enough to live on a sod farm (rocketeer's envy!)
- I used to hate math, but now I love it.
- I am currently stepping up to the 2nd and 3rd rungs in my Ladder to Space.
Thou hast given me understanding to compass the earth,
measure the sun, moon, stars, universe,
but above all to know thee, the only true God.
I marvel that the finite can know the Infinite,
here a little, afterwards in full-orbed truth;
Now I know but a small portion of what I shall know,
here in part, there in perfection,
here a glimpse, there a glory.
To enjoy thee is life eternal,
and to enjoy is to know.
Keep me in the freedom of experiencing thy salvation continually.
~A puritan prayer from The Valley of Vision