11/23/11

Possible Internship at XCOR Aerospace

Last night I got an email from Aleta Jackson at XCOR Aerospace indicating that they are interested in taking me on as an intern. I'm all excited! But I have to call today and verify the details, and figure out what it would entail. I'll keep you all posted on the details as they become more evident.

I wrote a program in my mind of how the phone conversation might go.


PROGRAM XCOR_AEROSPACE_QUESTIONS
IMPLICIT NONE
CHARACTER :: response*400
CHARACTER, ALLOCATABLE :: question(:)
LOGICAL :: answering_machine
INTEGER :: i, numQuestions

CALL Aleta_Jackson()

IF(answering_machine==.TRUE.) THEN
     WRITE(*,*)"Hello, this is Daniel Hastings. You had emailed me last night about a possible internship at XCOR, and I just wanted to call and talk to you about it. You can reach me at 763-XXX-XXXX. Otherwise I’ll probably try again later today. Thank you very much! Bye."
     END PROGRAM
ELSE
     "Hello, this is Daniel Hastings. You had emailed me last night about a possible internship at XCOR, and I just wanted to call and talk to you about it today."
END IF
DO
     READ(*,*) response
     OPEN(unit=10, file="Daniels_memory.dat")
     WRITE(10,*) response
     IF(response == "Do you have any questions?") EXIT
END DO
READ(10,*) numQuestions
ALLOCATE(question(numQuestions))
DO i = 1, numQuestions
     READ(10,*) question(i)
     WRITE(*,*) question(i)
     READ(*,*) response
     WRITE(10,*) response
END DO
WRITE(*,*) "Thank you very much for your time, and for considering me. I look forward to talking to you again in the future. Yup, m-hm, bye."

END PROGRAM



"…\Daniels_memory.dat"

7
"Is this internship intended to be for the summer, or for next semester?"
"What sort of work could I expect to be doing?"
"What would a typical day look like?"
"What sort of pay/compensation would I get?"
"Does XCOR help make living arrangements?"
"Do I have to have any specific knowledge or would this be mostly on-the-job training?"
"For how long would the internship last?"

No comments:

ShareThis