2/27/09

A Trip to the Grand Canyon

I'm taking a brief hiatus from my vigorous studies. Over spring break my family is going to drive all the way to the Grand Canyon! I've got many hours to kill on the road, so this is my opportunity to make designs for spring! When I come back (on the 4th), I'll probably have a few things to blog about.


My transmitting camera and receiver arrived yesterday! I didn't get to try it out yet, before we leave on our trip, but I'm really excited to use it (as you can imagine). It can be mounted just about anywhere, on my helicopter or in a rocket, and it has a range of almost a mile straight in the air! (~1,000 feet along the ground). I purchased the high-power external antenna, because I need it to receive the video from those altitudes.

2 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

I would like to get this kind of camera also, please tell me how it works. Do you hook it up to a computer to capture video? And maybe have you tested the full range?

DTH Rocket said...

Hey R2K. I'm still sorting through the instructions, but it looks like you hook the receiver up to either a VCR or a camcorder. I don't see anything in the instructions that say how to use it with a laptop. But it might work if you get some sort of converter, or software or something. It doesn't come with software. Anyway, I'm going to do a post on it soon.

ShareThis