12/27/08

Nibbles the Astrocat

I saw an interview in a recent issue of Extreme Rocketry Magazine with a "cat" name Nibbles. Some clever rocketeer had built a spaceship for a small stuffed animal--similar to one of my projects, Squirrel's Rocket. This rocket has got me thinking along some challenging lines. It would be a great exercise to build a rocket as if you were building it for a real pilot!




As you can see, Nibbles had a few rough rides. This is a challenging project, so I'm going to have to spend a lot of time and resources on it, and learn as much as I can.
I have a couple of options: I could either modify my High-5 design slightly, or I could start over with a completely fresh design. The only criteria for my design is that I fly one pilot the size of a Beanie-Baby comfortably and safely aboard a high-power rocket equipped with a cockpit and capsule ejection, and recovery aided by radio transmitter (often called a "Rocket Hunter").

No comments:

ShareThis