Presenting my latest project, High-5, a five motor cluster that goes HIGH!! It is 100% high-power, able to fly on I's J's and K's, no less. This is my first build that cannot be flown as a model rocket.
- Central 54mm motor mount (for I through K motors), and 4 outboard 29 mm motor mounts (for G's and H's)
- 70 inches long, 4 in diameter inches at the nose base, down to 3 inches, back out to 4 inches at the "business" end
- Should be able to carry 8 oz of payload (like cameras, transmitters, altimeters) to over 5000 feet!
- Projected weight: 8 pounds (with maximum power)
- 2 or 3 stage configuration (a small onboard timer ignites outboard motors at a preset time interval after ignition)
- Estimated completion date: May, 2009